|Description||Higher strength filler metal than 5183 and is designed for welding structures where maximum as welded transverse ultimate tensile strength (UTS) and shear strength values are required.
- Very high strength (42 ksi typical)
- High ductility/toughness/fatigue strength
- Equivalent corrosion resistance when welding 5456 base material
- Lower ductility/formability
- Lower electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity
- Higher column strength/better feedability
- Very good color match after anodizing with 5xxx/6xxx base materials|